“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Race for the Cure

OK, so I'm not done with my walking season. But this one is only 5K (3.1 miles) - easy, right?! And no fundraising required, so your wallets are safe from me! :-) The Race for the Cure 5K walk/run series is held throughout the year all over the US. This year it's on Sunday, Sept 7th at UMass Boston (the sight of the 3Day Closing Ceremony). It's also a chance for me to see some familiar 3Day faces, like the guys from Men With Heart. I'm walking with a few of my 3Day friends, aka the "Commando Queens" as we came to call ourselves during our 60 miles together. We're die-hard walkers so 3.1 miles isn't enough to get us out of bed in the morning......we're planning on walking 10 miles! BUT, if you'd like to join the regular Race for the Cure feel free to sign up. It's a great 3 mile walk with lots of amazing people and those need for you stretch it out to 10 miles!

No comments: