“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Friday, August 8, 2008

Company at Closing Ceremonies

Guess who was invited to participate with me in the Closing Ceremonies? Grammy!!!

This year they're also having some non-walkers participate and my buddy Meredith at the 3Day knows walk in honor of my Grandmother. Meredith knew Grammy would be at Closing, so she asked me if Grammy would join me. I know Grammy is honored! Of course Gram needed to get some logistical questions answered before she'd answer my question about wether she wanted to participate.

The conversation went something like this:

Grammy: "Well, what would I wear?"
Me: "Something comfortable."
G: "I'll want to look nice. Do you think the Pink Jersey I wore when you were here is OK?"
M: "I"ll be in Spandex shorts and wearing a fanny pack. I think the Pink Jersery will be great!"
G: "Well you know I get my hair done on Tuesday." (ie. she's already worrying that her "hair set" won't be looking fresh on Sunday for Closing Ceremonies!)
M: "I'll have walked 15 miles and my hair will be wet from sweat. I'm sure your hair will be beautiful"
G: "Well I have to say yes, it's such an honor."

I hope I have that much spunk next weekend......let alone when I'm 2 months shy of my 93rd birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You broke the Golden Rule - NEVER divulge your grandmother's age!!!

cecelia said...

What an honor for you and your grandmother. Make sure you have plenty of tissues. Can not wait to walk with you and everyone else this weekend.- Cecelia

Anonymous said...

I don't blame Grammy--I would want to look good too!
See you next week at the Cheering Stations! Btw, can we walk from one to another (as training for my 3Day?) or does that break the rules?

Leslie (Emily's Aunt)