“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Friday, August 22, 2008

Just like riding a bike

Yesterday I was missing the 3 Day so much, and was finally rested from 60 miles of walking that I was ready to walk some more! I met up with Caroline last night for a 5 mile walk around Castle Island and a chance to reminisce about our 3Day. So much fun! The old, sore body remembered what to do even without 10 lbs of Fanny Pack strapped to my waist! It also gave me an excuse to wear my new 3Day Tank Top that I love!

At the begining of the walk we heard someone across the street clapping so we both turned around ready to wave and thank them......it's common to have people clapping for you on the 3Day. Turns out this lady was just playing with her kids or dog or something and had no intention of cheering us on! I'm so glad I wasn't alone because we both burst out laughing realizing we weren't in the 3Day world any more!


But, the 3Day memory lives on every day during my commute. I noticed that the Crew forgot one of the orange signs they use to mark the route and I pass it each day on my way to and from work. Not to mention it's my favorite sign and says "Caution Many People Walking" I think this is hilarious because if drivers can't figure that out noticing 2000 people walking down the street, I really don't think the sign is going to clue them in!

No comments: