“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Thursday, August 14, 2008

1 Day left!!!!!!!!!

In less than 24 hours I will be at Opening Ceremonies! It's hard to imagine that after months of preparing the weekend is here! My bag is packed and already in the trunk......trying to avoid getting stuck in the elevator like I did last year. Just need to work for a few hours, go to practice for Opening Ceremonies and then somehow get to sleep tonight!

The weather forecast doesn't look promising. Just saw it on TV and the weather person said "tomorrow will be our heaviest rain day." Not exactly the kind of weather you dream of for walking 20 miles, but I'll survive! Let's just hope the thunder and lightening stays away otherwise we'll have to be evacuated as safety is the #1 priority of the 3Day.

Wish me luck! And to all my supporters, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! I could never go on this journey without your support!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Floyd Go! Go Floyd Go! Are... you... motivated?!

Sarah G said...

Of course it's going to rain tomorrow - I sent an email to my friends that live along the route and told them to put out their sprinkler for you guys in case it was hot...so of course it will rain on you instead! Maybe I'll tell them to set up a tent along the sidewalk in front of their house instead?

GOOD LUCK! I'll be cheering for you guys Saturday!