“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Training Walk Leader

In case you haven't figured it out, I walk A LOT! And one thing I know for sure ~ it's more fun to walk with people! So, I decided to become a Training Walk Leader so I could post training walks on the 3-Day website and invite others to join me. Anyone can become a TWL, you just need to read the handbook, attend a Conference Call on your role and then you're ready to post a walk!

After doing all the prep work, I've spent the last week coming up with a 13 mile route for Sat. A "good" route just means there are bathrooms and places to get more drinks every 3 miles or so. After mapping the route out online, I drove the route with my Little Sister Keysha last night. She was a HUGE help as a navigator and writing down notes about bathrooms and mileage markers as we went. Thank goodness she was with me!

I've posted the walk on the 3-Day site and invited some folks who live in the area, so it should be another great walk meeting some new folks! One thing I've learned ~ you can never go wrong meeting new 3-Day walkers because they are a kind, good-hearted bunch!

ps. This picture is of the small "Legacy Pin" I'll receive for my efforts as a TWL. Legacy Pins are a BIG deal on the 3-Day and people like to collect them! My theory has always been "less is more" but I will attach the pin to my lanyard I wear around my neck with my ID on the event. Who knew the 3-Day had jewelry?! :-)

No comments: