“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Chaperone

A month ago I met Emily through the infamous 3Day Message Board. She's only 15, turning 16 this week, and she's participating in the 3Day! Isn't that remarkable at such a young age?! She signed up to do the walk with 2 friends who are both 18 and therefore could serve as her chaperone during the event. You have to be 16 to walk, but if you're under 18 you need a fellow walker to be your chaperone on the event. Anyway, her two friends "flaked" as her Mom told me, so Emily needed a chaperone in order to still participate. Or course, I volunteered!

Emily lives about 3 1/2 hours away in NH, so we've been emailing during the last month. This weekend her family and friends were heading to Great Woods for a concert so we took the opportunity to meet up yesterday. What a great family! We chatted for about 45 minutes and I showed them my scrapbook (still had it in the car from the Expo). I'm so excited to be walking with Emily! If she's doing this at 16, you can imagine the wonderful things she'll be up to as she gets older! Go Em!!!

No comments: