“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Expo

Yesterday I volunteered at the 3Day Expo....a Pep Rally to get everyone ready for the big event! The Expo is just a wealth of information. There are workshops on training, packing, how to treat your body, how to put up your tent, etc. I was stationed with Yvonne, another walker, at a few tables covering "Finding a Training Walk", "Fundraising" and "Joining a Team." As walkers came over the tables we would talk with them each of these topics and answer any questions they had. I brought along my scrapbook so that was on display as well. I'm happy to report it's still clean and in good condition!

The Expo was a lot of fun and I met a ton of walkers. It's always nice when you see a familiar face on the actual 3Day, so I'm looking forward to having even more 3Day friends during the walk! OOOH, and one other fun thing....They held a raffle at the end of the event for all the volunteers and I won a $30 Gift Certificate to Marathon Sports!!! Perfect timing seeing as I need to buy and break in my second pair of sneakers this week!

No comments: