“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Castle Island

I haven't walked after work in about 2 weeks because I've been so busy and there just hasn't been time. But tonight I made plans to walk 5 miles with Caroline. Well, to be honest, I made plans to walk (was thinking maybe 3 miles) but she suggested 5. Who am I to say No? Not to mention I'm supposed to be this seasoned walker who's smart enough to know I need to get in as many training miles as possible! We walked 2 loops at Castle Island and home again.

And I did it all in the new pair of shoes I bought last week. After re-tieing the laces a few times I think I finally got it right and they felt great! Now I just need to break them in over another 100 miles or so and then they'll be ready for the 3Day!

When I got home I worked on my photo collage for my fundraiser at Walmart this weekend. Have to make another sign and decorate my Donation Jar and then I should be ready to go!

No comments: