“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's Official!!!

The "Travel Information" was posted on the 3Day site today so I don't have to keep the secret of the locations any longer! Opening Ceremonies will be held at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro (actually in the parking lot, not the stadium) and Closing Ceremonies will be at UMASS Boston. I'm so excited to be starting somewhere different as it means we'll get to walk through some new towns this year. But I sure will miss the great Natick Fire Department spraying us with water on that 100 degree day last year! Hope those folks down in Foxboro are just as nice!

Last year I had hoped to walk faster and have time on Sunday to stop for a drink with my walking buddies at a local restaurant close to Closing Ceremonies as a little pre-celebration. This year the Closing Ceremony location may have changed, but we'll still be going by that restaurant to Cecelia and I can try and stop this year!

Save the Date: Sunday, August 17th at 4:30pm Closing Ceremonies will be taking place at UMASS Boston.....would LOVE to see you there!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I've really enjoyed reading your blog. I visited Boston a few years ago and although I'm in AZ trying to train with 116 degree weather, I don't know how you do it in Boston with the humidity. lol....More power to you!! Good Luck.

Michelle
Team BooB-a-Licious
Arizona 2008