“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Thursday, June 12, 2008

No pumice please

I treated myself to a Pedicure and my toes look great! However, when it came time for the infamous pumice stone I had to the tell the woman I couldn't have that part of the process. The pumice is the BEST part of a pedicure as it takes off all the dead skin and leaves your foot as smooth as a baby's bottom. In walk season the last thing you want is soft skin on your foot because it's bound to turn into big blisters on a 10+ training walk. The rough skin is something you work hard to achieve during all your training as a natural protection against blisters. I actually get nervous when I even see a pumice stone!

The woman didn't speak english, so here I am trying to tell her "NO pumice" and taking my foot out of her hand and she pretty much just thinks I'm insane! She had to get an interpreter and then just put the stone down and moved on. I'm sure she's still wondering why I didn't want that part, but if I couldn't explain "no pumice" successfully, how was I going to explain the 3Day?!

No comments: