“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Monday, May 26, 2008

Fundraising

Sunday I met up with Cecelia, my buddy from the 2007 walk, for a 10 mile training session in Burlington. The weather was perfect ~ warm, sunny and a mild breeze. I love it when nature is kind to me while I'm walking! Cecelia and I have plans to do a fundraiser at a Super Walmart at the end of June, so we spent some of the time chatting about what we should bring/sell/just ask for donations. After holding a bunch of these events last year with a zillion baked brownies and popcorn, I mostly learned that the majority of shoppers are far more interested in just making a donation than "buying" a brownie. So, this year we're going to go the easy route, skip the baking, and sell some 3 Day bracelets we have along with some really cute wine charms Cecelia made. I do need to find a card table to set up in front of the store, so if you have one handy and are willing to lend it to me for a weekend, please let me know! :-) Stay tuned in about a month to see how we make out at Walmart!

No comments: