“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Monday, May 26, 2008

Free exfoliation

Happy Memorial Day! We finally got some beautiful weather this weekend so I think I've officially retired my walking gloves and hat. That is, unless the hat is to keep the sun out of my eyes! Today was also my first walk of the season where I needed to lather the sunscreen on before I even walked out the door. The sun was shining, it was warm, everyone was out and about! It was also extremely windy. The first few blocks the wind was OK, but as soon as I started walking along the ocean, the wind was whipping the sand around and I literally had to walk with my left eye closed because it was closest to the ocean side and the sand hitting my face was brutal. Not to mention I could feel the sand sticking to my face and body. The sunscreen not only protected me from the sun, but it had just enough stickyness to give the sand something to attach to. After about a 7-8 mile walk I was caoted in sand. I came home and immediately has to rinse my face ~ although it felt more like a sand exfoliation!

No comments: