“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Frogger???

It's a well documented fact that I have no sense of direction and get lost frequently. BUT, I always manage to get where I'm going and I'm almost never late. I figure out a way to work around my "disability." Cambridge is the one city I have never been able to conquer. After getting lost every single time I went there, I finally boycott the town about 5 years ago. All that is about to end.....


This weekend I'm leading an 18 mile walk on Sat, and a 15 mile walk on Sunday. I have a great, scenic 15 mile route I've used many times. For Saturday I wanted to come up with a new route so we don't feel like it's Groundhog Day doing virtually the same walk both Sat & Sun! I started mapping it out online about 4 weeks ago and knew we'd need to walk through Cambridge. Ugh. On Sunday I drove the route to note where bathrooms were and confirm it was a good route. My trip back to Cambridge did not go well. After Harvard Square the route was no good. And the bridge we were crossing over back into the city ended at a rotarty that simply isn't safe for walkers (insert image of the walkers being "Frogger" trying to dart across the road). Back to the drawing board. Consulted a friend at work and we found a better bridge to cross and I found an easy way to get us there! Took a drive Tuesday and it looked as good in person as online. The 15 mile route is still my favorite but at least I no longer have fears of losing some of my walkers in the midst of a rotary!

No comments: