“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

2 more things

Forgot to mention 2 other things about my fundraising this weekend.

I mentioned in the past that on occasion while I'm training someone driving by knows what I'm up to and honk the horn to cheer me on. This happens a TON on the actual 3Day event, but it's very rare during training and it really keeps me motivated. On Saturday as I was driving to Walmart I got to be on the other side of that experience! I was about 1 mile from the store and up ahead I could see a group of 6 women walking with fanny packs and just knew they must be 3Day Walkers. As I got closer and saw some pink clothing I beeped my horn and gave them a thumbs up as I drove by. They were SO cute and waved back! So, the Walmart experience might not have gone as planned, but it was a real emotional high to be able to cheer on fellow walkers!

The other thing I forgot to mention was the reaction to my posters below. The "Thanks for the Support" poster with the big pink bra got two very distinct reactions. Women would comment it was "cute" while men would look at it and kind of chuckle and say they REALLY liked it, or it was "quite the attention grabber!" Funny how women just saw a cute pink bra and men immediatly had their minds in the gutter with a little 6th grade humor. I've had this similar reaction to my business cards which sport the same logo. Hey, whatever it takes to get the cause noticed and bring in the donations!

btw - My friend Mark drew the logo for me a while ago and although it was exactly what I wanted, I was a little suprised at how robust the image was......pretty much said to him, "I should have known if I had a guy draw the image it would be a C-cup, while a woman probably whould have drawn an A or B cup!" But it's so cute I don't care what the cup size is!

No comments: