“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bathrooms, Ducks and Mooning!

Another 15 miles completed today! So that's 33 miles walked this weekend....and I'm still feeling pretty good! It was overcast most of the walk, with high humidity this morning, but it eventually became more tolerable. Or maybe I just got used to it?! Who knows, as long as it wasn't bothering me as much! We had 9 people in total today (half of them the hearty folks who walked 18 miles yesterday!). I completely turned into my Dad taking all sorts of photos regardless if people wanted to be in them, or they were weird places. But heck, how often are bathroom photos actually relevant to what you're doing that day?????

The Omni Parker House Hotel is always kind enough to let us use their restrooms. Not only are they clean, beautiful and air conditioned, but with about 20 stalls, no one ever has to wait! Poor Steve missed this photo-op b/c I thought it might be pushing it to require him to come into the Ladies Room!


Unfortunately these are the types of bathrooms we're going to have to get used to in August:


A visit with the ducklings in the Public Garden....


Stretching in South Station after lunch. Why is Emily laughing so hard? She just tried to moon the camera! I wasn't quick enough to get in on film, but can't you see her mischevous look?! ;-)


About Mile 11 I decided to introduce the group to my one and only 3Day Cheer! It's actually something I learned back in my college days for Sorority Rush, but it's easily adapted for the 3Day. After a rough start where they didn't seem to have the coordination to be able to walk and clap at the same time they finally got it down like champs! Hey, whatever it takes to keep the energy going on these longer walks!


p.s. Lucked out with the weather. I've been home 1 1/2 hours and now it's DOWN-POURING rain with a lot of lightening. Glad I'm not out there testing out my rain-gear!

No comments: