“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cheering Stations!

The locations have been announced! If you're around Friday Aug 15th - Sunday Aug 17th, I'd love to see you along the 60 mile route. :-)

According to the 3Day site, here's what a Cheering Station is:
"Cheering Stations are a great way to show your support along the route to encourage walkers and let them know that you are with them every step of the way. Seeing familiar faces cheering them on can provide that extra burst of energy that gets them to take that next step or go the next mile. Create banners, hold up signs, bring some music and make some noise - anything to make them smile, get energized and keep walking. "

My tips - bring a chair and/or cooler for comfy cheering! Also, give me a call the day you're coming and I'll give you a time range of when I should arrive at each Cheering Station...it will definitely NOT be early as I'm a slow walker! ;-)

Friday Aug 15th:
9:00 am - 12:00 pm Shaw's Plaza, 780 S. Main Street, Sharon
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Cobbs Corner In Front of Starbucks, 95 Washington Street, Canton

Saturday, Aug 16th:
10:30 am-1:30 pm Shaws Parking Lot along Highland Ave, 121 Memorial Parkway, Randolph
12 pm - 4 pm Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church, 457 Oak Street, Brockton

Sunday, Aug 17th:
9:30 am - 1:00 pm Quincy Shore Drive between Fenno St & West Elm Ave, Quincy

Here are pics from some of the Cheering Stations last year:

Only place a guy wearing a Pink boa isn't weird, it's MOTIVATING!


Gotta LOVE seeing Kids involved in Cheering Stations, or charity work of any kind!


Wish I knew what those Christmas Tree signs said. Imagine how long it took them to make!


Mom, cooling us off in the heat....I think she got a blister on her "shooting" finger from all her hard work making the walkers happy!


The Flamingo Trainers (aka Mom & Dad) in action! Like how they're wearing Pink?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to go get three new pink shirts! Will be there with my trigger finger ready to shoot as well as some cool treats.

Love,
Mom

Sarah G said...

Yay! I need to work on my schedule and see if I can get myself to one or both of the cheering stations on Saturday and will definitely be at the closing ceremony on Sunday!

I'm so excited for you guys - have a great time on your last training walk tomorrow!!

Aimee said...

Can't wait to see you!