“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Monday, July 2, 2007

Betty Crocker...

has officially retired! Saturday was the 3rd and final Bake Sale and it was the most successful one yet! Spent Friday baking brownies and making popcorn and then headed to Norwell Super Stop & Shop to hawk my goods. My Mom was kind enough to man a table so we had both entrances covered, and in total we raised $715!!!
I spoke with a woman who is in the midst of 3rd re-occurrence with Breast Cancer and it has metastasized. She's going into this with a positive attitude and was a joy to talk to. She's in my thoughts. My hope is that by participating in this event and doing this fundraising it will help find a cure soon for her and all the other women and men in the same situation. Stay strong!

No comments: