“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Friday, June 22, 2007

Camping Gear
I went to the Wrentham Outlet to pick up a few things...

I've been there a million times and know where the stores are and usually just pop in and out of Banana Republic, J Crew, Ann Taylor, etc. Not this time. This round I had to print the map of store locations and highlight the athletic & camping stores so I'd have a clue of where to go! I know so much about wicking materials, I had no problem buying clothes to walk in, but the camping gear is another story. I went to the Coleman outlet and came out with all sorts of "goodies." As will be no suprise to most of you, I've never been inside a camping store! I nice saleperson guided me through the process and found a cheap sleeping bag which is also light and rolls up small to fit in my bag. I was thinking of getting a self-inflated camp pad but couldn't do it. It's only about 1.5 inches thick when inflated, which as I told the guy is about the same thickness as the sole of my flip flop. I can't imagine sleeping on my flip flop. Let alone after walking 20 miles! So, I bought an air mattress w/ battery operated pump. Also picked up the 3-Day recommended head-lamp (to give some light in the port-o-potty at night, and inside your gear bag). I'm sure there will be a bidding war to get the rights to the pic of me wearing the headlamp!

No comments: