“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

31 Miles
That's right! I walked 31 miles this weekend - 18 miles Sat and 13 Sunday. I tried out the actual 3 Day schedule on Sat, and did I ever pay the price. For the 1st time I stopped during the walk and took a lunch break for about 25 minutes. This is what will happen on the actual event so I thought I'd better see how my body reacted. For the record - my body HATED stopping. The actual sitting down and relaxing was enjoyable, but my muscles just got cold and then tensed up. Both calves were killing when I had to walk the last 4.5 miles home after lunch. But I learned a good lessons - I MUST stretch VERY thoroughly before my lunch break to avoid a repeat of that pain.
After the 18 miles I showered and headed out to find a dress for a wedding later this summer. I didn't exactly have a spring in my step, so I went dress shopping in sneakers (which I kept on while trying on dresses) with the aroma of the Icy Hot slathered on both legs following me everywhere. Here's hoping I look (and smell) a lot better when I wear the dress to Stephen & Robin's wedding!

No comments: