“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Monday, June 18, 2007

Bake Sale, part deux

Yup, I had another bake sale this weekend! The weather cooperated more than last time when it was 45 degrees, so I was able to sell cold Pink Lemonade! New dilemma this time was caused by the sun. The platter of brownies was baking in their plastic bags sitting out in the sun! So, I left the majority of the brownies under the table and had a few "display brownies" to let people know they existed. Even when I told customers I had fresh ones underneath, you'd be amazed how many people wanted to take the ones baking in the heat with little water droplets forming inside the baggie!!! Those brownis were gross....I know b/c I tasted one. Here's my total take for the 5 1/2 hours outside of Stop & Shop! Not exactly sure how much because I'm so tired I keep getting a different result when I count the money - but it's about $500!!!

No comments: