“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Monday, April 28, 2008

New Kicks!

Tonight I stopped by Marathon Sports to pick up my 1st pair of new sneakers for the 2008 walk. For the past 6 weeks I've been training in my sneakers from the 3Day last year - and they are NOT in good shape. I brought them with me to the store and the saleperson pointed out that the tread had been completely worn away. See, I really did train hard last year!!! Anyway, I have my 1st new pair of kicks for the season, and I'm itching to get out there and break them in!

I also picked up a Fanny Pack accessory. Bet you didn't know such things existed! As I'm sure you remember, I wear a fanny pack w/ 2 water bottles, foot care, clean socks, etc. I also have a small pouch attached to the front for easy access to my cell phone and camera. The pouch is a hair small, and lo-and-behold without even looking, I saw a slightly bigger one at the store tonight and I've already attached it to my fanny pack. I'm all set to go!

No comments: