“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Monday, April 16, 2007


Hot & Cold
March was a month of extreme training. So far all (except 1 disaster on the treadmill) of my walks have been outside in Boston. In the months of Jan & Feb that means wearing long underwear, sweatpants, wool socks, and between 1 & 2 fleeces depending on if we're in the single digits with the windchill. March started out pretty much the same way....until I went to Grand Cayman! Instead of being 9 degrees outside, it was 90 degrees. I LOVED being outside w/ a little warmth, but I wasn't ready for the 6 mile training walks on the beach in the heat. After a rough 1st day (almost passed out from the heat towards the end) I figured out just how much water to drink before, during and after.

Cayman also marked the debut of the FANNY PACK!!! That's right, I admit it, I bought a fanny pack! This is considered necessary equipment for the 3 Day so I know I'll fit in there - but not exactly normal gear for beach walking on vacation! Not to mention I think my friends Kristin & Gustavo whom I was visiting were horrified to see me leaving their beautiful home in such a get-up! At least they had a good chuckle before work that 1st day! :-) Thanks again to K&G for their hospitality!!!

No comments: