“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Double Digits
My niece Haley is turning 10 next month and she's very excited about hitting "double digits." I know exactly how she feels....yesterday was my 1st double digit training walk! At 8 am sharp I left my place complete with fanny pack and supplies adn exactly 3 1/2 hours later, I was back home with a 10 mile walk under my belt!! Woo-hoo!!! :-)

I went my usual route down Day Blvd in Southie to Morrissey Blvd thru Dorchester. The whole route is on sidewalks with a total of 4 lanes of traffic going by, except for about a second on the Neposet Bridge where I have to take my life into my own hands. Picture this: I've walked 5 miles, and then the sidewalk ends. I'm literally on top of a Bridge and have to run across a lane of traffic which is an off-ramp, and then walk another block on a thin walkway about 12 inches wide. Not exactly the safest part of the walk, but I look at it as practicing my balancing skills!

Luckily, the walk really went by quickly and no blisters! :-)

PS - THANK YOU to all my early supporters....I love seeing the thermometer rise!!!

No comments: