“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rusty!


Today was my first 5 mile training walk of the new year and boy am I rusty!!! It was also the first time this season I've used the fanny pack. Last year walking 5 miles with a fanny pack was a piece of cake. Today I could barely function for the 1st mile. The straps of the pack kept hitting my arm and it was the only thing I could concentrate on. Not to mention I was having trouble taking my water bottles out of the pack and putting them back in (you wear the pack in the back, so you do these things by touch not sight). About 3 miles in I realized the strap wasn't bothering me anymore and I was getting better about the water bottle placement. Guess Walking is as easy as riding a bike! Of course I'm feeling a little sore right now, so tomorrow when I wake up with aches and pains it'll be another story!

No comments: