“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Monday, May 14, 2007

Pink Flamingo's!!!

You probably don't think of me as the Lawn Ornament type, but I've fallen in LOVE with plastic Pink Flamingo's! These lovely birds are migrating through my parents neighborhood raising money for the 3-Day.

Here's how it works....
The Flamingo Trainers (ie: my-ever-supportive parents!) plant 6 of these Flamingo's in a neighbors yard after dark (or as late as my Dad can stay up, so about 8pm). A note attached to one of the birds explains it's a 3-Day FUNdraiser. For a donation, the Flamingo Trainers will remove the birds and migrate them to any neighbor of your choice (after dark of course!). And for any donation over $25 you also get Flamingo Insurance ensuring the flock doesn't show up in your yard again! Of course, I had to take it 1 step further and bought my parents silly get-ups to wear when they collect the donations! Check out the separate Flamingo Blog to see the outfits and read more about it! And be on the lookout.....you never know when I might decide to come to your house!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are too funny!!! This is so great!