“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Monday, May 7, 2007


Brownies by the DOZENS!!!

Yesterday I held a Bake Sale at WalMart ~ what an amazing experience!!! I talked to folks about the 3-Day and met a few survivors. Everyone was so kind and generous. After 5 hours, we had $500 in donations!!! What a great outcome after walking 10 miles Sat, then baking 10 (TEN!) pans of brownies, popping 17 bags of popcorn, and making 6 gallons of Pink Lemonade! And you know I'm all about the presentation, so each bag was decorated with a pink ribbon! Even had scratch-n-sniff stickers for all of the kiddies! The weather didn't cooperate at all ~ it never got out of the 40's all day! I may have had lemonade for sale (couldn't give it away due to the weather), but I was drinking Hot Chocolate to try and stay warm. Even got a donation from our waiter at Friday's after the Bake Sale ~ Thanks Eddie!!!


ps. Special thanks to my "fundraising committee" for all of their help!!!

No comments: