“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Easy Peasy

Today was one of those great walks! The weather was perfect (high 70's, sunny, little breeze), the crowd was fun, and the walk felt easy. Well, as easy as walking 18 miles can feel! Today wasn't the biggest group yet: 17 walkers in total, and we all stayed together for the first 10 miles. So, like the mother hen I am, everytime we stopped to go to the bathroom or stop at a convenience store I was busy counting to 17 before starting to walk again....don't want to leave anyone behind! Got to meet some fun new walkers and reconnect with some folks I've met over the last few months. Not to mention I wore my new sneakers and they held up beautifully during all 18 miles. I feel ready to go! Now it's time to start thinking about packing! :-)

Only 2 weeks and it's the official 3Day!!!!

No comments: