“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Monday, June 8, 2009

MIA

Sorry it's been FOREVER since I posted! Where have I been? Mostly busy trying to do things related to my new condo. I've been wondering......does packing, carrying heavy boxes til your back hurts, and painting count as 3Day cross-training? If not, it should!

I have managed to squeeze in a few long training walks (15 and 13 miles) and met some great new 3Day walkers. It's always nice to have some new friendly faces on my Training Walks ~ it makes the miles go by faster.

One particular 15 mile was jinxed with all sorts of bad visuals but I won't gross you out with the details. (dead rat on sidewalk was one of the tamer things I saw)! Other than that day it's been good weather, nice people, and relatively painless walks. That doesn't mean my legs weren't stiff afterwards, but no major injuries to report and thankfully I continue to be blister-free!

This weekend will be the real test: 17 miles on Sat followed by 13 miles on Sunday. Say a little prayer for me!!! :-)

No comments: