“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Woohoo!

The walk may be over, but the final donations were still clearing.....and now I finally hit the $10,000 mark! Somehow that seems like SOOOOO much more than $9999, doesn't it? :-)

Other than finishing all the 2008 fundraising, I haven't been up to much 3Day related. Since it ended I participated in the 5K Race for the Cure. It was an easy 3 mile walk I did with Mandy and we tacked on another 4 miles to make it worth our while to get out of bed early on a Sunday! Another weekend I met up with Cecelia and walked another 7-8 miles. Other than that, NO long distance walking. Maybe the fact I was so exhausted after both of those walks I ended up taking a nap in the afternoon, is the reason I have ventured out for any more big walks!

3 comments:

Sarah G said...

Congrats on the $10,000 mark!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is so much money!! Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Aimee,

We are SOO proud of you! An amazing tally in a recession/depression. And just think, no flamingos were sacrificed!!

Love,
Mom & Dad