“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Water Party

I thought I was done posting until after the walk, but I have to tell you about this morning. I was putting my gear in my car so I used the elevator in my building and got stuck in it for close to 40 minutes!!! Most common asked question about this event? "What happened?" Are you kidding? Here's what happened ~ the doors didn't open! So a neighbor heard me and called the landlord for help. In the end, I had 2 wonderful neighbors chatting with me through the door while 4 other folks (2 from the elevator company) were able to pry the doors open. The entire time I was DYING from the heat inside the elevator! I swear it was as hot as walking 10 miles in the heat. Except I was dressed for work, not exercise. Once they got the door open I invited everyone in for a Water Party and some air conditioning - both of which were lacking in the elevator and in the hall where they were working to rescue me. Needless to say we were all sweating and I actually had to change clothes before I could go to work. When I was ready (again) for work, I found out the elevatory repairman was stuck. Didn't he learn anything from my experience? Here's hoping the next 3 days go a heck of a lot better!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee! How was your walk? Thanks so much for doing this and being a part of the Breast Cancer 3-Day. I just got home this morning and am heading out for Chicago in a couple of days. I was having withdrawls today ... not nearly enough pink!

Hope you are well and resting!

Jenne
National Spokesperson
Breast Cancer 3-Day